Everyone has the right to be safe and to stay healthy when at work. No matter the sector that a company operates within, it is vital to reduce risks of injury and illness in the workplace, and to create a positive safety culture which encourages employees to take personal responsibility for safety and to contribute to a safer working environment.
Our Health and Safety experts have pulled together a list of top ten tips which will help to make a workplace safe for all personnel in the area:
1. Wear the correct PPE at all times to prevent illness and injury.
2. Do not use equipment without being trained, deemed competent and authorised to do so.
3. Keep workplaces and walkways clear of debris and clean up any spillages immediately to reduce the risk of slips and trips.
4. Protect yourself and others when working at height by being attached to a safe anchor point at all times and securing tools and other work materials to prevent dropped objects.
5. Do not lift or move more weight than you can safely handle to prevent spinal injuries. Get help or use lifting equipment where necessary.
6. Check all equipment properly prior to use and before putting away to ensure it’s always in great working order.
7. Create an ergonomic workspace and take regular stretch breaks to improve comfort and reduce pain.
8. Abide by COVID control measures to reduce the risk of infection spread. Remember hands, face, space.
9. Drive safely at all times. Use a seatbelt, don’t operate a mobile phone and never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
10. STOP work immediately if it is deemed hazardous to people or the environment.
If you think your organisation would benefit from some support from our health and safety specialists, visit our consultancy page to find out more.
RelyOn Nutec is a global firm dedicated to protecting people, assets, and the environment. CEO Torben Harring discusses propagating competence and compliance through cutting-edge technologyArticle 9. July 2021
In this techtalk we look at digital CofW solutions, their key features, and the benefits they deliver over paper-based systemsArticle 9. July 2021
Getting it right: the selection of training for Assessors and Verifiers is crucial to ensuring a quality and sustainable Competence Assurance Process.Article 15. June 2021
The strategic partnership allows ISN to provide its members with RelyOn Nutec’s eLearning courses across its worldwide platform.Article 11. June 2021
We discuss the benefits that can be delivered through the use of advanced simulation in the training and assessment of lifting personnelArticle 7. June 2021
RelyOn Nutec and Area9 Lyceum form strategic alliance to disrupt training and learning development for the energy sector globally
RelyOn Nutec and Area9 enter into a long-term strategic alliance to bring adaptive learning technology to the energy sector globally.Article 3. June 2021
RelyOn Nutec and Crowley have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU), to directly enhance the availability of offshore wind safety training across the U.S.Article 2. June 2021
RelyOn Nutec and United Education have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to deliver specialist consultancy and training solutions within Iraq.Article 2. June 2021