Everyone has the right to be safe and to stay healthy when at work. No matter the sector that a company operates within, it is vital to reduce risks of injury and illness in the workplace, and to create a positive safety culture which encourages employees to take personal responsibility for safety and to contribute to a safer working environment.
Our Health and Safety experts have pulled together a list of top ten tips which will help to make a workplace safe for all personnel in the area:
1. Wear the correct PPE at all times to prevent illness and injury.
2. Do not use equipment without being trained, deemed competent and authorised to do so.
3. Keep workplaces and walkways clear of debris and clean up any spillages immediately to reduce the risk of slips and trips.
4. Protect yourself and others when working at height by being attached to a safe anchor point at all times and securing tools and other work materials to prevent dropped objects.
5. Do not lift or move more weight than you can safely handle to prevent spinal injuries. Get help or use lifting equipment where necessary.
6. Check all equipment properly prior to use and before putting away to ensure it’s always in great working order.
7. Create an ergonomic workspace and take regular stretch breaks to improve comfort and reduce pain.
8. Abide by COVID control measures to reduce the risk of infection spread. Remember hands, face, space.
9. Drive safely at all times. Use a seatbelt, don’t operate a mobile phone and never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
10. STOP work immediately if it is deemed hazardous to people or the environment.
If you think your organisation would benefit from some support from our health and safety specialists, visit our consultancy page to find out more.
We have appointed Trevor Dear to the role of Subject Matter Expert – Crane Training and Development for the global roll-out of our collaboration with Sparrows GroupArticle 7. April 2021
RelyOn Nutec has received the accreditation from the Netherlands Shipping Inspectorate (NSI/ILT) for the STCW Medical Care and Medical First Aid training courses.Article 5. April 2021
We are very happy to announce that our LNG facility at RelyOn Nutec Rotterdam is now open and fully operational. With this expansion of our capabilities, we continue to offer the most comprehensive training opportunities in Europe.Article 26. March 2021
The global strategic partnership paves the way for RelyOn Nutec to launch Sparrows’ 100+ crane and lifting operation training courses across its worldwide training centresArticle 23. February 2021
Recognising your need for flexibility, especially in the face of the operational challenges posed by COVID-19, we have improved and expanded upon our onboard training offering.Article 16. February 2021
Following the acquisition of three technology platforms in 2019 and the continued digital capabilities built during 2020, we now kick off the launch of our digital services and applications with the launch of a new web universe.Article 5. February 2021
For RelyOn Nutec, safety is not only our business – it is in our DNA. Helping our customers to ensure a healthy and safe work environment is our purpose, and we take pride in ensuring that our delegates have the right skill set to stay safe in hazardous and potentially life-threatening situations.Article 2. February 2021