Everyone has the right to be safe and to stay healthy when at work. No matter the sector that a company operates within, it is vital to reduce risks of injury and illness in the workplace, and to create a positive safety culture which encourages employees to take personal responsibility for safety and to contribute to a safer working environment.
Our Health and Safety experts have pulled together a list of top ten tips which will help to make a workplace safe for all personnel in the area:
1. Wear the correct PPE at all times to prevent illness and injury.
2. Do not use equipment without being trained, deemed competent and authorised to do so.
3. Keep workplaces and walkways clear of debris and clean up any spillages immediately to reduce the risk of slips and trips.
4. Protect yourself and others when working at height by being attached to a safe anchor point at all times and securing tools and other work materials to prevent dropped objects.
5. Do not lift or move more weight than you can safely handle to prevent spinal injuries. Get help or use lifting equipment where necessary.
6. Check all equipment properly prior to use and before putting away to ensure it’s always in great working order.
7. Create an ergonomic workspace and take regular stretch breaks to improve comfort and reduce pain.
8. Abide by COVID control measures to reduce the risk of infection spread. Remember hands, face, space.
9. Drive safely at all times. Use a seatbelt, don’t operate a mobile phone and never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
10. STOP work immediately if it is deemed hazardous to people or the environment.
If you think your organisation would benefit from some support from our health and safety specialists, visit our consultancy page to find out more.
Article 26. February 2024
In partnership with CAVU InternationalArticle 21. February 2024
Managing the complexities of the dynamically growing wind energy sector can be challenging, especially on the safety front, where the well-being of the workforce is at stake. WorkSafe, RelyOn Nutec's Control of Work system, provides a comprehensive digital solution. Covering risk assessments, safety management, permits, and certificates, WorkSafe streamlines operations, enhances safety, and addresses the challenges of safety management in the renewable energy sector.Article 13. February 2024
Colin Leyden appointed UK Managing Director to drive regional growthArticle 1. February 2024
The way we acquire and manage knowledge has changed significantly with the advancement of digital technologies and the diverse, continuously evolving online platforms. As blended teaching, and adaptive learning methods continue to advance, digital tools have become indispensable for delivering highly effective courses, especially in training personnel in safety critical industries such as the renewable energy sector.Article 24. January 2024
In the fast-paced world of port terminal operations, precision and safety are of utmost importance. Port cranes handle an array of loads, often in challenging environmental conditions, making the operations complex and high-risk. This is where our advanced simulation technology steps in, transforming the way port terminal staff prepare for the challenges ahead.Article 23. November 2023
In an era of rapid technological evolution and changing safety regulations across industries, organizations are confronted with the ongoing challenge of ensuring regulatory and corporate compliance. Here, the right compliance management system becomes a vital tool. Cutting edge training management systems can help revolutionize and simplify compliance management. Our training compliance system RIDER covers all facets of maintaining a fully compliant workforce.Article 13. November 2023