Simulation for drilling operations
Simulation for drilling operations
About our advanced drilling simulator
Our full-sized simulator models, ADS3-Drill and ADS4-Drill, deliver unique functionality for drilling training with an innovative and realistic, dynamic drilling simulation experience.
We have 5 service levels of simulation available to our clients:
- Level 1 - Common simulator control system and subsurface application from the RelyOn Nutec training library
- Level 2 - Creating a replica of the client’s drilling rig
- Level 3 – Creating a precisely simulated subsurface analogue for the client’s well application
- Level 4 – Creating a digital twin of the client’s drilling rig and well operation
- Level 5 – Linking the live data stream to our simulator from the client’s well site, which allows us to capture lessons learned and simulate the forecasted future operations
Our drilling simulators facilitate crew development and provide a number of benefits:
- Train in a safe and immersive environment
- Testing procedures for complex operations, such as MPD and well monitoring
- Substantially improve operational safety and efficiency
- Minimise the risk of human error in critical situations
Courses delivered with simulation include but are not limited to:
- Drill the well on the simulator (DWOS)
- Team-based scenario training for conventional drilling, ERD, MPD, deepwater, HPHT, and other complex well conditions
- IWCF drilling well control certification (levels 2-4)
- IWCF enhanced well control
- IADC WellSharp and WellSharp plus for drilling operations
- IADC WellSharp well servicing for coiled tubing operations
- Tailormade simulation solutions – read more here
Training with our simulators
Our portable drilling simulators, ADS1-Drill and ADS2-Drill, can be leased on a day rate allowing you to train your crew on-site in your own time. The portable models are particularly effective in refreshing a crew’s well control knowledge and implementing best practices for stuck pipe prevention during drilling operations. Our dedicated rig-site coaches have successfully used the portable simulators for training both on- and offshore.
Our full-scale simulators are located in multiple training centres across Europe, the US, the Middle East and Asia. These fixed facilities are equipped with our full-size simulators, offering you the opportunity to train with the best solution on the market.
Portable simulator for training
The portable simulators used by our rig-site coaches have enhanced the training experience for drill crews worldwide. Rig-site crew training, coaching and mentoring focus on optimising the performance of drill crews and ensuring that agreed procedures are followed, particularly in the case of challenging environments such as High-Pressure/High-Temperature (HPHT) or where there are high NPT costs associated with stuck pipe incidents.
Our experienced and dedicated instructors can deliver class-based onshore training with follow-up rig visits, and this On-the-Rig (OTR) training ensures that the classroom knowledge is transferred to practical implementation. The aim of OTR training is to improve overall drilling performance and enhance the understanding of the drill crew in particular aspects of the current drilling operation. As such OTR training is flexible and dependent on your particular needs.
Our rig-site coaches equipped with our portable simulators can even tailor the training to the particular needs of the well being drilled and significantly enhance trainee engagement by doing so.