“Coupling subject matter expertise with transformational digital solutions is an area I’m hugely excited to be involved in”.
In our latest Meet the Team feature, we sat down with David McColgan, Regional Solutions Manager at RelyOn Nutec to find out how 15+ years in the energy industry has given him the kind of positive attitude that secures a coveted role within our UK commercial team.
Tell us a bit about your professional life prior to joining RelyOn Nutec.
- Having been born and schooled in Aberdeen, my latter educational years were spent at St Andrews University where I studied International Relations (and golf.) Post-university, I have 15+ years of experience working in the energy industry in a multitude of roles & specialties, learning from some incredible mentors across both project & operational roles.
Was there any specific event/occurrence that pushed you towards learning and development?
- With both parents spending their professional years in the education sector, I have always had a high level of passion and respect for positive development experiences. Coupling subject matter expertise with transformational digital solutions is an area I am hugely excited to be involved in.
What attracted you to RelyOn Nutec and what are you most looking forward to?
- RelyOn Nutec are renowned for fostering an engaging, family environment in the workplace. Bringing that aspect together with world-class solutions and joining really was the proverbial “no-brainer”. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of my colleagues better, and of course enabling our customers to benefit from what we bring to their table as an organisation.
What is your job description/what will be your main focus areas?
- As Regional Solutions Manager, my role will be focused on existing and new customers, promoting collaborative communication to establish where we can help and how we can define solutions together – making a tangible difference to the day-to-day operational lifecycle.
Tell us a bit about David, and the person you are outwith RelyOn Nutec
- I have an amazing wife, family & working cocker spaniel puppy called Barkley. Anyone who has watched the programme Modern Family will understand from where his name is derived. He’s a lovely wee dog, who certainly keeps us on our toes.
Getting it right: the selection of training for Assessors and Verifiers is crucial to ensuring a quality and sustainable Competence Assurance Process.Article 15. June 2021
The strategic partnership allows ISN to provide its members with RelyOn Nutec’s eLearning courses across its worldwide platform.Article 11. June 2021
We discuss the benefits that can be delivered through the use of advanced simulation in the training and assessment of lifting personnelArticle 7. June 2021
RelyOn Nutec and Area9 Lyceum form strategic alliance to disrupt training and learning development for the energy sector globally
RelyOn Nutec and Area9 enter into a long-term strategic alliance to bring adaptive learning technology to the energy sector globally.Article 3. June 2021
RelyOn Nutec and Crowley have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU), to directly enhance the availability of offshore wind safety training across the U.S.Article 2. June 2021
RelyOn Nutec and United Education have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to deliver specialist consultancy and training solutions within Iraq.Article 2. June 2021
RelyOn Nutec Houma has recently unveiled a one million dollar (USD) upgrade to its training facility which will see the business add to its training capabilities and deliver enhanced support to customers moving through energy transition.Article 31. May 2021
RelyOn Nutec and Sparrows Group launch the first of their global centres of excellence for crane and lifting operations training.Article 24. May 2021