“Coupling subject matter expertise with transformational digital solutions is an area I’m hugely excited to be involved in”.
In our latest Meet the Team feature, we sat down with David McColgan, Regional Solutions Manager at RelyOn Nutec to find out how 15+ years in the energy industry has given him the kind of positive attitude that secures a coveted role within our UK commercial team.
Tell us a bit about your professional life prior to joining RelyOn Nutec.
- Having been born and schooled in Aberdeen, my latter educational years were spent at St Andrews University where I studied International Relations (and golf.) Post-university, I have 15+ years of experience working in the energy industry in a multitude of roles & specialties, learning from some incredible mentors across both project & operational roles.
Was there any specific event/occurrence that pushed you towards learning and development?
- With both parents spending their professional years in the education sector, I have always had a high level of passion and respect for positive development experiences. Coupling subject matter expertise with transformational digital solutions is an area I am hugely excited to be involved in.
What attracted you to RelyOn Nutec and what are you most looking forward to?
- RelyOn Nutec are renowned for fostering an engaging, family environment in the workplace. Bringing that aspect together with world-class solutions and joining really was the proverbial “no-brainer”. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of my colleagues better, and of course enabling our customers to benefit from what we bring to their table as an organisation.
What is your job description/what will be your main focus areas?
- As Regional Solutions Manager, my role will be focused on existing and new customers, promoting collaborative communication to establish where we can help and how we can define solutions together – making a tangible difference to the day-to-day operational lifecycle.
Tell us a bit about David, and the person you are outwith RelyOn Nutec
- I have an amazing wife, family & working cocker spaniel puppy called Barkley. Anyone who has watched the programme Modern Family will understand from where his name is derived. He’s a lovely wee dog, who certainly keeps us on our toes.
RelyOn Nutec hosted round-table discussions on offshore wind and Power-to-X during the royal Danish visit to the Netherlands
RelyOn Nutec with CEO, Torben Harring, participated in the royal visit to the Netherlands fronted by The Danish Crown Prince Couple, including government ministers, inter-branch organisations and a delegation of Danish companies.Article 22. June 2022
RelyOn Nutec’s Teesside training centre is set to be one of the first in the UK to deliver OPITO’s newest safety standard, Lift Planning for Basic Lifting Operations in the Wind Industry.Article 21. June 2022
The RelyOn Nutec Group is pleased to announce that we are expanding our presence in the region to support the accelerating demand for safety and technical services. We have formed a strategic partnership with Guyanese-owned Atlantic Marine Supplies Inc. to deliver to this market.Article 20. June 2022
We are pleased to announce the appointment of Paul Robbins as Director of Renewable Energy, effective 1st May 2022Article 20. April 2022
RelyOn Nutec UK enters into partnership with Agilis Health to expand occupational healthcare services
Agilis Health will be responsible for the delivery of corporate health services at RelyOn Nutec’s training centres in Aberdeen and Teesside.Article 5. April 2022
RelyOn Nutec to further its play in the energy transition with a new training center in Eemshaven, Netherlands
RelyOn Nutec is due to open a new training centre in Eemshaven in early 2023, to meet the increasing demand from the onshore and offshore wind industries in the Groningen area.Article 31. January 2022
The RelyOn Nutec Group is delighted to announce the signing of a strategic partnership agreement with APEC Training Center (APEC TC) in Kazakhstan.Article 28. January 2022
There's lots to look forward to this coming year at RelyOn Nutec as we continue our digital journey and enhance our training facilities.Article 7. January 2022