“Coupling subject matter expertise with transformational digital solutions is an area I’m hugely excited to be involved in”.
In our latest Meet the Team feature, we sat down with David McColgan, Regional Solutions Manager at RelyOn Nutec to find out how 15+ years in the energy industry has given him the kind of positive attitude that secures a coveted role within our UK commercial team.
Tell us a bit about your professional life prior to joining RelyOn Nutec.
- Having been born and schooled in Aberdeen, my latter educational years were spent at St Andrews University where I studied International Relations (and golf.) Post-university, I have 15+ years of experience working in the energy industry in a multitude of roles & specialties, learning from some incredible mentors across both project & operational roles.
Was there any specific event/occurrence that pushed you towards learning and development?
- With both parents spending their professional years in the education sector, I have always had a high level of passion and respect for positive development experiences. Coupling subject matter expertise with transformational digital solutions is an area I am hugely excited to be involved in.
What attracted you to RelyOn Nutec and what are you most looking forward to?
- RelyOn Nutec are renowned for fostering an engaging, family environment in the workplace. Bringing that aspect together with world-class solutions and joining really was the proverbial “no-brainer”. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of my colleagues better, and of course enabling our customers to benefit from what we bring to their table as an organisation.
What is your job description/what will be your main focus areas?
- As Regional Solutions Manager, my role will be focused on existing and new customers, promoting collaborative communication to establish where we can help and how we can define solutions together – making a tangible difference to the day-to-day operational lifecycle.
Tell us a bit about David, and the person you are outwith RelyOn Nutec
- I have an amazing wife, family & working cocker spaniel puppy called Barkley. Anyone who has watched the programme Modern Family will understand from where his name is derived. He’s a lovely wee dog, who certainly keeps us on our toes.
Taking Training Management Digital
A comparison of our two digital management systems: Business Portal and RIDERArticle 21. March 2023
RelyOn Nutec accelerated growth and lifted earnings significantly in 2022
Robust development and strong position within digitalisation, energy security and green transitionArticle 6. March 2023
Revolutionizing Crane Operations: How Lifting Simulators Improve Performance
Improve performance by analyzing and optimizing workflows with the help of simulators.Article 22. February 2023
Safer Drilling Operations with Simulation-Based Training
Improve operational safety by training and educating workers in a safe but realistic manner thanks to simulation-based training.Article 14. February 2023
RelyOn Nutec and Victory Oil & Energy (Angola) Enter Into a Strategic Partnership
The RelyOn Nutec Group is delighted to announce the signing of a strategic partnership agreement with Victory Oil and Energy (VOE) in Angola.Article 13. February 2023
GWO Blended Training - The Benefits of Adaptive Learning
Today's education and training systems are not keeping up with the current demands for skills, let alone new directions the near future will bring. Thankfully, technological advances and continuous development have created new and efficient ways of training and educating workers.Article 23. January 2023
Our Role in the Energy Transition
The importance of the energy transition is now greater than ever. We aim at supporting this development by training the next generation of workers for renewable energies.Article 17. January 2023
RelyOn Nutec UK prepares to host industry recruitment events
RelyOn Nutec has partnered with international provider of recruitment services, Superior Recruitment Group to create two open recruitment days in February 2023.Article 10. January 2023