“Coupling subject matter expertise with transformational digital solutions is an area I’m hugely excited to be involved in”.
In our latest Meet the Team feature, we sat down with David McColgan, Regional Solutions Manager at RelyOn Nutec to find out how 15+ years in the energy industry has given him the kind of positive attitude that secures a coveted role within our UK commercial team.
Tell us a bit about your professional life prior to joining RelyOn Nutec.
- Having been born and schooled in Aberdeen, my latter educational years were spent at St Andrews University where I studied International Relations (and golf.) Post-university, I have 15+ years of experience working in the energy industry in a multitude of roles & specialties, learning from some incredible mentors across both project & operational roles.
Was there any specific event/occurrence that pushed you towards learning and development?
- With both parents spending their professional years in the education sector, I have always had a high level of passion and respect for positive development experiences. Coupling subject matter expertise with transformational digital solutions is an area I am hugely excited to be involved in.
What attracted you to RelyOn Nutec and what are you most looking forward to?
- RelyOn Nutec are renowned for fostering an engaging, family environment in the workplace. Bringing that aspect together with world-class solutions and joining really was the proverbial “no-brainer”. I’m looking forward to getting to know all of my colleagues better, and of course enabling our customers to benefit from what we bring to their table as an organisation.
What is your job description/what will be your main focus areas?
- As Regional Solutions Manager, my role will be focused on existing and new customers, promoting collaborative communication to establish where we can help and how we can define solutions together – making a tangible difference to the day-to-day operational lifecycle.
Tell us a bit about David, and the person you are outwith RelyOn Nutec
- I have an amazing wife, family & working cocker spaniel puppy called Barkley. Anyone who has watched the programme Modern Family will understand from where his name is derived. He’s a lovely wee dog, who certainly keeps us on our toes.
by Lee Fenton, UK Commercial Director at RelyOn NutecArticle 20. September 2023
Article 11. September 2023
RelyOn Nutec today announces the launch of its technical training programmes for the energy sector. The new offering includes ECITB Small Bore Tubing and Mechanical Joint IntegrityArticle 23. August 2023
Article 8. August 2023
Article 1. August 2023
Article 4. July 2023
RelyOn Nutec UK (RelyOn), leaders in practical and digital training for traditional and renewable energy, promotes Helen Dunn as Head of Sector – Renewables, to drive sector growth in offshore and onshore wind, carbon capture utilisation and storage (CCUS) and hydrogen.Article 27. June 2023