Dispensation arrangements for the Certificates of Proficiency will soon come to an end
The Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (ILT) published the sixth revision of the COVID-19 Contingency Plan. They have decided that provisions allowing for a generic 6 months extension of expired seafarer certificates issued by the Netherlands are gradually brought to a closure with the 31st of October 2021 as the end date.
All certificates that have expired or will expire in the period between the 19th of March 2020 and the 30th of September 2021, are granted an extended validity (from date of expiry) of max. 6 months, but no longer than the 31st of October 2021. If your certificates expire (or have expired) within this period of time, you will need to complete a refresher training course before the end of October 2021 to stay compliant. Applies to all dispensations issued on behalf of the Netherlands under STCW Regulations (VI/1, VI/2, VI/3, VI/5 or VI/6).
Don’t wait too long to book your STCW refresher training and remain certified:
- STCW 3-combi Refresher (BT + AFF + PSCRB)
- STCW Refresher Basic Training
- STCW Refresher Advanced Firefighting (AFF)
- STCW Refresher Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (PSCRB)
- STCW 2-combi Refresher (BT + AFF)
- STCW 2-combi Refresher (BT + PSCRB)
- STCW Refresher Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats (PFRB)