Safety in the workplace is a top priority for any business. As an employer, it is your responsibility to provide a safe and healthy working environment for your employees. However, with so many potential hazards and risks, maintaining a safe workplace can be a daunting task. Here, WorkSafe can support organizations in managing and controlling the tracking and approval of all work activities within a facility, asset or FPSO, to enhance safety and productivity, as well as mitigate potential incidents or accidents in the workplace.
What is WorkSafe
WorkSafe is a comprehensive safety management system that helps businesses manage and reduce risks in the workplace by digitizing control of work systems. Developed by industry experts, WorkSafe provides a range of tools and resources to help businesses create a safe and efficient workplace. At its core, WorkSafe is a comprehensive and integrated system designed to ensure the safety of workers across a wide range of industries. It combines multiple elements of safety management, including risk assessment, hazard identification, control of work, and emergency response planning. By implementing WorkSafe, companies can create a safer work environment, reduce the risk of accidents and incidents, and improve their overall safety performance. WorkSafe is not a one-size-fits-all solution, and it can be customized to meet the unique needs and challenges of different industries, including oil and gas, construction, and maritime. Whether you are a small business or a large multinational corporation, WorkSafe can help you to protect your workers and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Overview of Features
- Task Risk Assessment: The first step in creating a safe workplace is identifying potential hazards and risks. WorkSafe provides businesses with a comprehensive task risk assessment tool that allows them to identify, evaluate, and control potential hazards in the workplace. With this tool, businesses can create a customized risk assessment plan that addresses their specific needs.
- Training and Education: Proper training and education are essential for creating a safe and efficient workplace. WorkSafe provides businesses with a range of training courses, from basic safety training to more specialized training for specific industries. These courses are designed to ensure that employees are trained and prepared to work safely in their environment. Here, training can be provided at different levels depending on user jobs and control of work roles, to ensure a safe workplace across all tiers.
- Safety Management: Managing safety in the workplace is an ongoing process. WorkSafe provides businesses with a safety management system that helps them manage safety hazards, incidents, and accidents. The system provides businesses with a range of tools to help them monitor and manage safety risks in real-time, ensuring that any issues are identified and addressed promptly.
- Permit to Work: As WorkSafe clearly displays open permits, supervisors and team members can easily monitor and oversee ongoing work, allowing for better coordination and control over the activities taking place. The system employs alerts and notifications to inform the work coordinator when permits are expiring, ensuring that timely actions can be taken. Most importantly, it ensures that proper protocols and precautions are followed, mitigating potential incidents or accidents in the workplace.
- Supplementary Certificates: Supplementary Certificates such as Confined Space Entry, Working at Height, or Temporary Electrical Equipment and many more can easily be added either by the Control measures put in place as part of the Task Risk Assessment or added via the Permit while it is being drafted, these certificates are referenced against the Permit partially being filled in via WorkSafe but also allowing for Wet Ink filling in prior to or while work is ongoing, Like with the TRA, Toolbox Talk sheet and Permit all Certificates are produced as printable certificates via WorkSafe as part of the Work pack.
- Energy Isolations / Lock Out Tag Out: Energy sources found in Electrical, Process or Mechanical systems need to be safely isolated before starting work nearby or on the system itself, WorkSafe provides a clear and easy way to select or input your isolations points and details, WorkSafe then manages the approval of the Energy isolation, once the isolation moves to in progress WorkSafe produces all of the Isolation Tags and Certificates providing the Isolators with everything they require to carry out the isolation. Isolation’s are managed in WorkSafe through the entire life cycle: Planning, Approval, Isolation In progress, Verified Isolated, Sanction to test, Deisolation Approval through to Verified Deisolated and finally Archived where they are saved and can be used again.
Benefits of WorkSafe
Implementing WorkSafe in your workplace has numerous benefits, as it is a crucial step towards ensuring the safety and well-being of your employees. By providing a safe work environment, businesses can create a culture of safety, which can increase employee engagement, productivity, and overall job satisfaction. Additionally, by reducing the risk of accidents and injuries, businesses can save a significant amount of money in insurance costs and medical expenses. Moreover, WorkSafe provides businesses with a framework for meeting regulatory requirements and ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations. Compliance with such regulations is not only a legal requirement but also essential for maintaining a positive reputation and building trust with employees, customers, and stakeholders.
Furthermore, digital systems reduce the risks associated with human error by providing automated workflows, mandatory fields, and continuous data storage. This minimizes the chances of misplaced or damaged documents, incorrect logging, incomplete forms, and overlooked hazards. Additionally, digital CoW systems improve operational efficiency by streamlining processes, enabling immediate access to digital procedures, checklists, and permits from any location. This enhances productivity, saves time, and promotes a safer work environment. Moreover, digital systems offer comprehensive audit trails that can be easily accessed for internal or external audits, ensuring compliance and facilitating accurate reporting. Additionally, the data analytics capabilities of digital CoW systems automate data collection and reporting, providing accurate and updated datasets that help identify areas of risk, improve safety, and allocate resources effectively.
In summary, digital CoW systems offer numerous benefits including reduced human error, improved productivity, enhanced overview and clarity, operational flexibility, comprehensive audit trails, and data-driven insights. By transitioning to digital systems, organizations can optimize their Control of Work processes, promote safety, and achieve greater efficiency in their operations.
In conclusion, WorkSafe is an essential tool for any business looking to create a safe and efficient workplace. By transitioning to digital systems, organizations can optimize their Control of Work processes, promote safety, and achieve greater efficiency in their operations. Here, WorkSafe offers a comprehensive set of tools and resources, enabling businesses to effectively manage and mitigate workplace risks, prioritizing the safety and well-being of their employees. If you wish to learn more about WorkSafe and how it can support you in ensuring a safe workplace, click here.
by Lee Fenton, UK Commercial Director at RelyOn NutecArticle 20. September 2023
Article 11. September 2023
RelyOn Nutec today announces the launch of its technical training programmes for the energy sector. The new offering includes ECITB Small Bore Tubing and Mechanical Joint IntegrityArticle 23. August 2023
Article 8. August 2023
Article 1. August 2023
Article 4. July 2023
RelyOn Nutec UK (RelyOn), leaders in practical and digital training for traditional and renewable energy, promotes Helen Dunn as Head of Sector – Renewables, to drive sector growth in offshore and onshore wind, carbon capture utilisation and storage (CCUS) and hydrogen.Article 27. June 2023