We are accepting applications for Transport Canada / STCW Instructor positions to support the Marine Department in our Dartmouth Training Center.
Transport Canada / STCW Instructor - Dartmouth
Part time Dartmouth, Canada
Deadline: 10. October 2020
RelyOn Nutec Canada is an ISO registered service-based company focused on exceeding our client's requirements, on time the first time. We provide safety and survival training to the onshore, offshore Oil & Gas industry, industrial, maritime sectors, civilian and military aviation.
We are accepting applications for Transport Canada / STCW Instructor positions to support the Marine Department in our Dartmouth Training Center. We are looking for individuals who are able to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment; will effectively integrate into a team; and are respectful and professional with co-workers, management, and clients.
Our Instructors operate and deliver training in classrooms, at client work sites, onboard vessels or installations, in our METS™ aircraft ditching simulator, and on or in the water both in a pool and in the ocean. Work locations may be loud, cold or hot, wet and humid, in low or zero visibility environments, confined spaces, and are very physical in nature.
Priority will be given to those candidates who are able to clearly demonstrate they meet all of the following
- Chief Mate, Near Coastal certificate or Master 500 Gross Tonnage, Near Coastal certificate or Second Class Engineer certificate
- Current STCW MED refresher certificates (REF STCW BS+PSC+AFF)
- 10 years seagoing experience in a variety of ships
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Computer experience (MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced public speaker
- Master Near Coastal certificate or higher
- First Class Engineer certificate
- Offshore oil and gas experience in any capacity
- Firefighting qualifications such as NFPA FF level 1 or 2
- Scuba diving experience
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s License
- Adult Education Certificate or equivalent
If you are interested in a very demanding yet rewarding career then we are interested in talking to you! Please send your CV to Brian Sampson at email@example.com
We thank everyone for their application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.