RelyOn Nutec is looking for a Full Time NFPA Level 11 Firefighting Instructor position to join our team at our Mount Pearl, NL facility.
Full time Mount Pearl, NL, Canada
Deadline: 1. September 2021
RelyOn Nutec Canada is an ISO registered service-based company focused on exceeding our client's requirements, on time the first time. We provide safety and survival training to the onshore, offshore Oil & Gas industry, industrial, maritime sectors, civilian and military aviation.
We are accepting applications for a Full Time NFPA Level 11 Firefighting Instructor position to join our team at our Mount Pearl, NL facility. Primary roles will include instructing theory and live fire Marine, Industrial, Offshore Fire Teams and Support in the Industrial Rescue Services.
- Instruct and oversee all firefighting components for marine and offshore programs
- Instruct industrial rescue programs e.g. Confined Space, Fall Protection, Technical Rope Rescue. (Training will be provided if required)
- Work closely with Industrial Training Manager in supporting business development initiatives by providing technical advice and assisting in proposal and product creation
- Support internal staff training and development by mentoring and assessing candidates in areas of expertise
- Internal auditing of systems and personnel in areas of expertise
- Course Administrator and instruction (Practical/Theoretical)
- Prepare and cleanup classroom for theory
- Maintain training procedures and update records
- Liaise with and provide assistance to the Centre Manager for the ongoing operations of the training center
- Provide guidance, as required, to the centralized booking Training Coordinators for course logistics and scheduling
- Provide instructional and technical support duties as operations require
- Maintain business relations with critical suppliers of services and equipment
- Liaise with, and when required, provide guidance and support to the QHSE department on QHSE processes including internal/external audits
- Monitor external training standards for updates and amendments
- Assist with developing, maintaining, and distributing of courseware materials
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise for curriculum and program development in support of further approvals and business development
- Identify opportunities for improvement as they relate to the successful operations of the training
- Perform additional duties and tasks as assigned by the Centre Manager or designate
- NFPA Level 11 Firefighter
- Adult Education certificate
- NFPA Fire Service Instructor
- NFPA Airport Firefighter
- Hazardous Materials response
- Rigging, Slinging
- Offshore Fire Team certification
- STCW Advanced Firefighting certification
- Technical Rope Rescue
If you are interested in a very demanding yet rewarding career then we are interested in talking to you! Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank everyone for their application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
RelyOn Nutec is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.