Date / type
Date / type
Upon completion of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- state the different helicpoter designs and construction components,
- explain how to rescue passengers safely during a helicopter emergency.
- list the procedures to follow in the event of a helicopter fire.
- deomonstrate how to extinguish different types of helicopter fires.
- perform rescues from helicpoter simulator with and without smoke.
Helicopter Landing Officers
Heliport/Helideck Firefighting Personnel
There is no written exam; however, the delegate must be deemed proficient on the practical exercises using the helicopter simulator.
The following topics are addressed during the training:
- elements of a fire
- fire classifications
- extinguisher types and their extinguishing agents
- fire hose streams and when to use each type
- helicopters used in the Gulf of Mexico
- materials used in helicopter construction
- PPE needed to respond to a helicopter fire
- proper use of an SCBA
- firefighting equipment on a helideck
- fixed firefighting systems
- rescue equipment
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found