Date / type
Date / type
A Valid Offshore Medical or Valid Operator Approved Medical As a Minimum a Dangerous Goods Awareness Training course approved by IATA, HCA, CAA or state aviation authority must be held.
The aim and objectives of the Helideck Operations Initial Training Programme are to equip the delegate with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to perform the roles of Offshore Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) and Offshore Helideck Assistant (HDA) safely and effectively.
This training course is for personnel who will be appointed to the role of an Offshore Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) and/or Offshore Helideck Assistant (HDA)
As a minimum, delegates must possess an IATA, HCA, CAA or state aviation approved Dangerous Good Awareness certificate.
Delegates must also hold a valid, current offshore medical certificate or possess an operator approved medical certificate.
The course is a mix of both practical and theoretical sessions during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the course contents.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be awarded with an OPITO-approved Helideck Operations Initial Training certificate.
The certification has no expiry date.
The course covers a variety of topics including:
• Helideck operations, regulation and guidelines
• Helideck characteristics and hazards
• Helideck systems and equipment
• Key roles and responsibilities of the Offshore HLO and HDA
• HLO and HDA checks, procedures and communication during helicopter operations
• Use of both hand-held radios and hand signals as means of communication
• Use of correct PPE during helicopter operations
• Cargo and passenger handling
• The role of the HLO and HDA on a normally unattended installation (NUI)
Foinavon Close, Aberdeen Airport East, Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 7EG, United Kingdom
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found