Please make sure pre-requirements are met
Medical Fitness required
• Provide participants with knowledge and skills to be an effective Firewatcher to ensure Hot Works operations are planned and executed safely.
• Participants will also understand and demonstrate personal firefighting procedures.
Persons who are appointed as Firewatcher. These persons will monitor the work area whilst fire and gas detection systems are inhibited; as required by the Area Authority under the Hot Work (Naked Flame) permit to work.
Delegates will be assessed against the Learning Outcomes specified in the Content Section using direct observation as appropriate. Delegates will be required to undertake a written test. The pass mark for this course is 80%.
Should a delegate encounter challenges to meet these Learning Outcomes, RON shall provide additional coaching as an opportunity to meet those requirements
Delegates who successfully complete this course will acquire the following knowledge and skills:
• Identify the requirements for the safe execution of Hot Works
• Identify and mitigate hazards before, during and after Hot Works Operation
• Personal fire fighting procedures, using fire extinguishers, hose reels or fire blanket.
• The roles and responsibilities of the Fire Watch
• Identify the requirements for safe execution of Hot Works
• Ensure permitting requirements are met prior to commencement of Hot Works
• Recognise the accepted methods of Communications
• Use of Fire blanket
• Use of various types of Fire Extinguishers
• Use of fire hose reel
• Self-rescue techniques without respiratory equipment
- Other Industries