Date / type
Date / type
The objective is to train the delegates in the theory and practice of determining the state of readiness and launching operations. Taking on board and handling of the MOB boats which are used on board offshore installations and the performance of rescue operations with these boats.
Everyone who is designated to act as a crew member of a MOB boat on board an offshore installation.
Valid certificate 2.3A or 2.3B.
Persons enrolling on this course must be able to show a valid medical certificate prior to participating in practical exercises.
Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes specified in the NOGEPA training handbook chapter 2.3 Coxswain Man Overboard Boat by using direct observation.
The training will consist of the following learning targets:
- Check the state of maintenance and readiness of the MOB boat
- Basic concepts of good seamanship, determine a course and steer by compass, operate equipment on board the MOB boat
- Recovery and transport of a victim from the water
- The execution of all procedures associated with launching, recovery and MOB rescue operations
- Take command in all situations that arise concerning the rescue of persons who have fallen overboard
- Search pattern with navigational aids e.g. compass, PLB, homing device, GPS equipment
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found