Date / type
Date / type
This STCW course is designed for those who are required to perform survival craft and rescue boat operations during shipboard emergency response situations. On completion of this course, participants should be competent to operate life-saving appliances and take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during or after launch. They will also be able to operate a survival craft engine and manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship.
Trainees will know the correct use of all locating devices, including communication and signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics, how to apply first aid to survivors and the actions to take to preserve the lives of those in their charge.
The Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (PSCRB) is to provide the training for delegates, assigned as being coxswain on board ships, to launch and take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat in emergency situations in accordance with Section A-VI/2-1, Table A-VI/2-1 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
For admission to the course, seafarers must:
- Be in the possession of a valid medical examination.
- Be not less than 18 years of age.
- Have approved seagoing service of not less than 12 months
- Have attended an approved training course and have approved seagoing service of not less than 6 months.
For receiving a certificate of PSCRB the delegate must:
- Be in the possession of a valid approved medical certificate for seafarers.
- Meet the standards of competence for certificates of PSCRB, set out in Section A-VI/2 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/2-1 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes specified in Section A-VI/2 paragraph 1 to 4, Table A-VI/2-1 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended and Model Course 1.23 by using direct observation and oral and/or written questions as appropriate.
After successful completion of the training PSCRB, the certification will be valid for 5 years.
With the implementation of the 2010 Manila Amendments delegates must provide evidence of having the competencies by successfully completing a refresher training every 5 years, as described in STCW Code 1978, as amended.
- Theoretical session PSCRB
- Survival Techniques
- First Aid
- Launching, handling and recovery of Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
Beerweg 71, Harbour no: 7024 - 7026, Maasvlakte Rotterdam, 3199 LM, Netherlands
Opens 8:00 AM on MondayGo to location
Please select a service from below or click on website to continue.
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found