Confined Space EntryDownload as PDF
Sorry we couldn’t find any results.
Please make sure pre-requirements are met
Medical Fitness required
Confined Space Entry
Provide delegates with appropriate knowledge and skills to plan and execute a safe entry into and exit out of confined spaces.
Equip delegates with the knowledge and skills to safely perform tasks in a Confined Space
This course is designed for persons who are required to enter and work in a confined space.
Delegates will be assessed against the Learning Outcomes specified in the Content Section using direct observation and oral and/or written questions as appropriate. Delegates will be required to undertake a written test. The pass mark for this course is 80%.
Should a delegate encounter challenges to meet these Learning Outcomes, RON shall provide additional coaching as an opportunity to meet those requirements.
Delegates who successfully complete this course will acquire the following knowledge and skills:
• Legal Requirement
• Roles and Responsibilities (Entrant, Attendant, Entrant supervisor, Rescue personnel)
• The Entry Permit
• Interaction of Personnel
• Hazard Identification & Assessment
• Air Monitoring
• Controlling Hazards
• Personal Protective Gear
• General Safe Work Practices
• Safe Tool and Equipment Use including atmospheric monitors
• Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) use and care
• Emergency Retrieval and Fall Protection
• Communication Procedures
• Dealing with Claustrophobia
• Emergency Provisions
• Concluding the Entry
• Inspection and donning of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including SCBA
• Single entry into Confined space with PPE in limited visibility
• Group entry into Confined space with PPE in limited visibility
• Single exit from Confined space with PPE in limited visibility
• Group exit from Confined space with PPE in limited visibility