Date / type
Date / type
The goal is to enhance safety and productivity in the maritime working environment by instilling the knowledge and skills appropriate to licensed Fast Rescue Coxswain and Crew by preparing their response to an emergency. Mariners will be able to:
• Explain the importance of and be an active participant in drills and
• Explain what an emergency is.
• Recall the general characteristics of a Fast Rescue Craft.
• Discuss the need to maintain the Fast Rescue Craft through weekly,
monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual inspections.
• Identify launching different types of launching systems.
• Describe the need for the davit and winch system.
• Describe and operate the hook release system.
• Describe the hazards of running in a beam sea, running before the
sea and running into the sea.
• Launch, release, and recover a Fast Rescue Craft.
• Operate a Fast Rescue Craft engine.
• Deploy a sea anchor and rig for towing
• Demonstrate the actions for man overboard recovery.
• Explain the different procedures for transfer of personnel to the Fast
• Command a Fast Rescue Craft.
• Administer first aid for cold water injuries.
• Administer first aid for injuries.
The purpose of this course is to train personnel in the proper actions involved in taking command of, launching, and handling of a Fast Rescue Craft from a vessel, Mobile Offshore Drilling Unit (MODU), or offshore facility.
This 24 hour course covers the subjects addressed by Coast Guard exams for the following licenses:
• The training requirements of 46 CFR 12.617(a)(3) and STCW Code Section A-VI/2; AND
• The competency demonstration requirements of 46 CFR 12.617(a)(4) and STCW Code Table A-VI/2-2 for an STCW endorsement for Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats
Note: If an STCW endorsement is needed, a completed USCG/STCW Basic Training program is required. Delegates must be at least 18 years old and able to speak and read the English language.
In order to successfully complete this course, each student must obtain a grade percentage of not less than 70% on the Fast Rescue Boat exam and must successfully complete practical assessment.
Upon completion of the course, the following topics will be covered:
- Construction and Outfit of FRB
- Equipment and Engine
- Launching and Recovery
- Righting a FRB
- Search Patterns and Rescue
- Maintenance and Emergency Repairs
- Review and Assessment
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found