SQA Internal Verifier
1 day induction workshop
SQA Internal Verifier
Designed to equip verifier-candidates with the skill and knowledge to conduct verification against work-based National Vocational Qualifications, industry or company’s own competence standards
This program leading to the national certificate is for individuals who, within their organisation’s competence assurance system, will support assessors and monitor assessment processes and practises in the workplace to ensure that quality is maintained.
There are no pre-requisites to accessing this course however delegates (called verifier-candidates) should have access to two qualified and practising assessors within their workplace in order to be able to achieve the L&D11 workplace evidence requirements.
There is no formal exam, however as part of the evidence requirements verifier-candidates are required to complete a knowledge test for each of points 4’a’ to ‘e’ above, to be judged by the RelyOn Nutec allocated assessor as part of the overall submission against the L&D11 requirements
• On successful completion of the workplace evidence requirements verifier-candidates will receive the L&D11 certificate from the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA).
• A certificate for the L&D11 will not be issued in anything less than 10 weeks following registration with the awarding body (SQA).
• There is no expiry for the L&D11 certificate however it is required that regular assessment activity as well as continuous professional development (CPD) is undertaken in order to ensure that current skills and knowledge is maintained over time.
This 1 day Induction can be delivered at RelyOnNutec, Foinavon Close, Aberdeen Airport East, Dyce, Aberdeen. AB21 7EG or at client premises as required, to be agreed at the time of booking. For delivery at Client premises a Site Safety Check will be required in advance.
The 1 day induction workshop consists tutorial led discussion and practical exercises in which the following topics are covered:
a. Preparing to carry out internal Quality Assurance
b. Planning internal Quality Assurance
c. Carrying out planned monitoring of the quality of assessments
d. Providing assessors with feedback, advice and support to help them maintain and improve their assessment practice
e. Meeting appropriate external Quality Assurance requirements
Following completion of the training, supported by their RelyOn Nutec allocated Assessor, verifier-candidates will return to their workplace with a requirement to conduct verification of two assessors, each of whom is working with two candidates and which covers a minimum of three assessment decisions in total.
The verification evidence generated by verifier-candidates in the workplace should cover all of the requirements set out within the L&D11 Unit, to include:
• Participation in standardisation activities, along with assessors to discuss assessment related issues and areas for improvement.
• Observation of assessors as they provide feedback on assessment to their candidates.
• Observation of the verifier-candidate by the RelyOn Nutec assessor, or equivalent NVQ assessor, monitoring the practises of one of their assessors carrying out assessment in the workplace.
Once completed the evidence of verification should be submitted to the RelyOn Nutec allocated assessor for review and assessment against the performance and knowledge criteria within the L&D11 Unit with feedback and guidance given on further evidence (where required).
There is no end date for this however it is recommended that this be achieved within 12 months from the date of the 1 day Induction to ensure that the application of learning is considered current.