Helideck Emergency Response Team MemberDownload as PDF
Sorry we couldn’t find any results.
Please make sure pre-requirements are met
A Valid OPITO HOIT or OPITO HDA Initial or OPITO HLO Initial A Valid Offshore Medical Certificate or an Operator approved Medical Certificate.
Helideck Emergency Response Team Member
The aim and objectives of the HERTM Initial Training Programme are to equip the delegate with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to perform the role of Helideck Emergency Response Team Member effectively.
The HERTM training course is for personnel who are to be appointed to the role of a Helideck Emergency Response Team Member.
Delegates must be in possession of a valid OPITO-approved Helideck Operations Initial Training Certificate, or
Valid HDA Initial and HLO Initial training certificates
Delegates must also hold a valid, current offshore medical certificate or possess an operator approved medical certificate.
The course is a mix of both practical and theoretical sessions during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the course contents.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be awarded with an OPITO-approved Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) certificate
Certification is valid for 2 years. Prior to expiry delegates must undertake the Further HERTM course to remain certified.
The HERTM course covers a variety of topics including:
• Helideck Emergency Response Team Member roles & responsibilities
• Helideck and emergency response pre-planning and the systems and controls in place
• NUI emergency response requirement
• Effective communication in a helideck emergency situation
• Selection and use of fire-fighting equipment, including fixed fire systems and portable fire extinguishers
• Correct use of PPE including breathing apparatus
• Search and rescue procedures
• Appropriate response to non-firefighting operations during helicopter incident