Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader TrainingDownload as PDF
Sorry we couldn’t find any results.
Please make sure pre-requirements are met
A Valid Radio Operators Certificate (UKCS Operations Only) A Valid OPITO approved HOIT or OPITO HLO or OPITO HDA A Valid OPITO approved HTM or HTM Further. A Valid Offshore Medical or Operator Approved Medical
Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Training
The aim and objectives of the HLO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Training programme are:
1. HLOs to understand the importance of pre-planning for and the main elements of the response requirement for a range of helideck and helicopter emergencies.
2. HLOs to understand the importance of emergency response practice via onshore training and offshore drills.
3. HLOs to understand the requirement for different types of emergency response systems and controls.
4. Understand how the limited emergency response capability on an NUI can affect NUI helideck emergency response.
5. The roles and responsibilities of both the HLO and the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a helicopter-related emergency.
6. Understanding the human factors issues during emergencies and how to manage them.
7. Leading the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a range of typical helideck simulated emergency scenarios some of which involve live fires, in a safe and controlled manner.
The HERTL training course is for personnel who are to be appointed to the role of a Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader.
Delegates must be in possession of a valid OPITO-approved Helideck Operations Initial Training Certificate (or a valid HDA Initial or a valid HLO Initial training certificates),
AND a valid Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) certificate or a valid HERTM Further Team Member certificate.
AND a valid Radio Operators Certificate of Competence (UKCS Operations only).
Delegates must also hold a valid, current offshore medical certificate or possess an operator approved medical certificate.
Please note: If a delegate already holds valid HERTM Further, DGBA Awareness and CAA Radio training certificates, there is no requirement to complete the Helideck Operations Initial Training.
The course is a mix of both practical and theoretical sessions during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the course contents.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be awarded with an OPITO-approved Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL) certificate
Certification is valid for 2 years. Prior to expiry delegates must undertake the Further HERTL course to remain certified.
The HERTL course covers a variety of topics including:
• Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader roles & responsibilities
• Helideck and emergency response pre-planning and the systems and controls in place
• NUI emergency response requirement
• Effective communication, delegation and monitoring of a helideck emergency situation
• Selection and use of fire-fighting equipment, including fixed fire systems and portable fire extinguishers
• Correct use of PPE by team members including breathing apparatus
• Search and rescue procedures
• Appropriate response to non-firefighting operations during helicopter incident
• Incident monitoring and dynamic risk assessments
• Ensuring the continued wellbeing of team members