GWO Slinger SignallerDownload as PDF
Sorry we couldn’t find any results.
GWO Slinger Signaller
Training in accordance with the GWO standard will enable delegates to support and care for themselves and others while working with slinger signalling in the wind industry by
possessing the required knowledge and skills to conduct assigned tasks safely and efficient.
Personnel working within the wind industry conducting slinging techniques and signalling during simple lifting operations, meaning lifts conducted based on a lifting plan covering known hazards.
Delegates will be assessed by means of direct observation and supplementary oral questions where appropriate.
Furthermore, the delegate will be subjected to a written phase test after the theory elements. Each delegate must answer at least 70% of written test questions correctly to pass the test.
Training can be delivered at our GWO approved training centre in Teesside
1) Attaching and detaching the load to and from the crane lifting attachment
2) Initiating and directing the safe movement of the crane, including multiple slinger signallers during limited or blind lifts
3) Adhering to their role and responsibilities during the lift
4) Conducting visual pre and post inspection on lifting accessories and load
5) Handling of lifting accessories
6) Ensuring safe lift-off and lay down of the load
7) Slinging various types of load, based on weight, centre of gravity, shape and size
8) Carrying out generic routine lifts in accordance with the lift plan
9) Complying with instruction/procedures set up by the employer to manage lifting
10) Ensuring that equipment is properly used, maintained and defects reported