Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System Initial Deployment TrainingDownload as PDF
Sorry we couldn’t find any results.
Please make sure pre-requirements are met
a Valid OPITO approved BOSIET, FOET, HUET Certificate or Equivalent
Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System Initial Deployment Training
The objective of this course is to give an initial introduction to the CAEBS equipment and to provide delegates with a practical and theoretical understanding of the safe use of CAEBS in emergency situations.
Personnel that will be issued with CAEBS whilst travelling by helicopter to offshore installations and vessels and have not undertaken this training in conjunction with their FOET or BOSIET.
Delegates must possess a valid BOSIET, FOET or HUET certificate.
For successful completion of this course, delegates must be able to demonstrate:
• A pre-flight inspection of the life jacket and CAEBS
• Donning the life jacket with CAEBS correctly, including ‘buddy check’
• An emergency deployment of the CAEBS in a dry environment
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be awarded with an OPITO-approved CAEBS certificate with no expiry date.
The CAEBS training covers the following elements:
• The fundamental differences between re-breather and compressed air systems
• The rationale and use of compressed air emergency breathing systems in helicopter emergency situations
• The hazards associated with the use of compressed air emergency breathing systems