Date / type
Date / type
The objective of this course is to familiarize delegates with roles and duties of the helicopter landing officer.
Personnel who are to be appointed to the role of an Offshore Helicopter Landing Officer
There is no prerequisite for this course.
The delegate will be required to attain a minimum score of 70% on a written assessment.
The topics covered during this training are:
• Training of Heliport Personnel: Heliport assistants and cargo handlers
• Offshore Heliport design for Orientation: Access routes, safety fence, tie downs, lighting, platform markings, helideck markings
• Helicopter Identification: Basic parts, varied rotor systems, four basic helicopter controls, landing gear
• Heliport Operations: HLO’s responsibilities and duties including procedures before, during, and after landing, HLO briefing, boarding/landing procedures, restraint harness systems, Baggage/freight loading, restricted articles
• Communications: Radio operators, light signals, hand signals
• Meteorology: Weather condition procedures
• Helicopter Refueling: Refueling operations, grounding and bounding procedures, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), handling and storage, first aid procedures, spill/leak/disposal procedures, delivery systems, fuel contaminations
• Firefighting Procedures: Fire class identification, extinguishing methods, extinguisher medias, fire protection PPE, rescue equipment, helicopter emergencies procedure
2916 N University Ave, Lafayette LA, 70507, United States of America
209 Clendenning Road, Houma, LA 70363, United States of America
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found