Date / type
Date / type
The delegate will be able to:
- Identify the four elements of a fire and understand and what is necessary to extinguish a fire
- Name the different classes of fire identified by the NFPA Fire Classification System
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to chose and operate the correct type of portable fire
extinguisher needed for the type of fire to be extinguished
> Dry chemical
- Inspect an area for fire prevention before any hot work begins
- Define the term "Intrinsically Safe"
- Define the term "Explosion Proof"
- Understand the principles behind grounding and bonding
- Discuss the use of a hot work permit
- Demonstrate the ability to extinguish a fire using a dry chemical extinguisher
Offshore/Onshore Personnel Responsible for hot work or fire watch duties.
The delegate will be required to score a minimum competency of 70% on a written exam.
The delegate will also be required to complete a practical exercise by extinguishing a fire using a dry chemical extinguishing agent.
The topics covered during this training are:
- Firewatch duties
- Site evaluation
- Fire prevention
- Incipient fire fighting techniques
- Monitoring during hot work activities
- Extinguishing fires using four different agents
2916 N University Ave, Lafayette LA, 70507, United States of America
209 Clendenning Road, Houma, LA 70363, United States of America
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found