Date / type
Date / type
Upon completion of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- State regulations relative to crane operations
- State and demonstrate the proper procedures to rig loads for lifting
- Identify criteria for proper sling selection
- Explain how to conduct a pre-job meeting
- State the responsibilities of riggers
- Use load charts to determine the lifting capacity of various loads
- Operate a pedestal crane safely while performing various tasks
- Practice rigging safety
- Perform a pre-use inspection
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper hand signals
- Perform three types of lifts using a pedestal crane (static, blind, and dynamic)
NOTE: This course is approved by API-U and the completion certificate will bear that logo.
Offshore Hydraulic Pedestal Crane Operators.
This course is designed to bring a level of awareness to safe crane operating practices expected of hydraulic pedestal crane operators based on the 7th Edition of the API RP 2D Operation and Maintenance of Offshore Cranes. The course will expose the delegate to information relative to operating a crane (including load chart exercises), rigging, moving personnel, hand signals, inspection, and selection of slings.
Must possess a valid, current API-U Rigger Card.
Note: Prior to booking the course, as per the API RP 2D 7th Edition Regulations, a medical form must be on file with the employer (or Private Payer) showing the delegate is fit to perform the duties of a crane operator.
Delegate necessary skills shall be evaluated through written, practical, and oral assessment. For successful completion, delegates must attain a minimum satisfactory score of 75% on a closed-book written assessment and 100% on all practical assessments in accordance with the latest edition of the API RP 2D standard.
This 2-day (16 hpurs) course will cover the following contents:
- Crane Components and Lifting Capacities
- Wire Rope Construction and Use
- Mounting Features of the Revolving Upper Structure
- Boom Structure
- Limit Devices
- Additional Items
- Lift Plan and JSA/JSEA
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found