2 day induction workshop
Designed to equip assessor – candidates with the skill and knowledge to conduct assessment against work – based National Vocational Qualifications, industry or company’s own competence standards
This programme leading to the national certificate is for individuals who, within their organisation’s competence assurance system, will conduct assessment processes and practises in the workplace.
There are no prerequisites to accessing this course however delegates (called assessor – candidates) should have access to two people who are working, using a set of standards such as those provided by a national awarding/standard setting body or the candidates’ employer, in order to be able to achieve the L&D9Di workplace evidence requirements
There is no formal exam, however as part of the evidence requirements assessor - candidates are required to complete a knowledge test for each of points 4’a’ to ‘d’ above, to be judged by the RelyOn Nutec allocated assessor as part of the overall submission against the L&D9Di requirements
• On successful completion of the workplace evidence requirements assessor - candidates will receive the L&D9Di certificate from the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA).
• A certificate for the L&D9Di will not be issued in anything less than 10 weeks following registration with the awarding body (SQA).
• There is no expiry for the L&D9Di certificate however it is required that regular assessment activity as well as continuous professional development (CPD) is undertaken in order to ensure that current skills and knowledge is maintained over time.
This 2 day Induction can be delivered at RelyOnNutec, Foinavon Close, Aberdeen Airport East, Dyce, Aberdeen. AB21 7EG or at client premises as required, to be agreed at the time of booking. For delivery at Client premises a Site Safety Check will be required in advance.
The two day induction workshop consists of tutorial led discussion and practical exercises in which the following topics are covered:
a. Preparing to assess
b. Planning assessments
c. Assessing candidate performance and knowledge
d. Confirming progression and achievement
Following completion of training, supported by their RelyOn Nutec allocated Assessor, assessor – candidates will return to their workplace with a requirement to conduct assessments of two candidates, each performing two tasks which result in a total of 4 assessments.
The assessment evidence generated by assessor – candidates in the workplace should cover all of the requirements set out within the L&D9Di Unit, to include:
• Notes relating to pre-assessment planning discussions
• Assessment Plans agreed with the candidates
• Records detailing assessment decisions
• Feedback records used to convey progression / achievement to the candidates
• Records of the standardisation activities the assessor – candidate has been involved in
Once completed the evidence of assessment should be submitted to the RelyOn Nutec allocated assessor for review and assessment against the performance and knowledge criteria within the L&D9Di Unit with feedback and guidance given on further evidence (where required). There is no end date for this however it is recommended that this be achieved within 12 months from the date of the 1st day of the 2 day Induction to ensure that the application of learning is considered current.
- Oil & Gas
- Other Industries