Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training (Twinfall)Download as PDF
Sorry we couldn’t find any results.
Please make sure pre-requirements are met
A Valid OPITO BOSIET or OPITO FOET
Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training (Twinfall)
The objectives of the Basic Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training are as follows;
• Delegates to fully understand the roles and responsibilities of the Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain (twinfall).
• Delegates to understand the working mechanisms of the TEMPSC, and how to safely launch and manoeuvre the TEMPSC to a safe area.
•Delegates to ensure the safety of the passengers is maintained throughout.
The Basic Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training course is for all personnel designated to undertake Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain (Twinfall) duties on an installation survival craft (TEMPSC).
Delegates must be in possession of a valid Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (BOSIET) certificate or a Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) certificate.
The course is a mix of both practical and theoretical sessions during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the course contents.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be awarded with an OPITO-approved Basic Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain (Twinfall) Initial Training certificate
Certification is valid for 2 years. Prior to expiry delegates must undertake the Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain (Twinfall) Further Training course to remain certified.
The Basic Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Initial Training course covers a variety of topics including;
• Typical emergency response arrangements offshore
• Duties and responsibilities of an Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain
• Maintaining operational readiness of the craft
• Preparations for launch
• TEMPSC operation and controls
• Communication methods and equipment
• Typical hazards
• Potential impact of weather and sea state conditions
• Dealing with injured personnel and man overboard procedures