Date / type
Date / type
There are no formal requirements for this course.
The aim and objectives of the OERTM Initial Training Programme are to equip the delegate with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to perform the role of Offshore Emergency Response Team Member effectively.
The OERTM training course is for personnel who are appointed to, or to be appointed to, the role of an Offshore Emergency Response Team Member.
There are no pre-requisites for this training course.
The course is a mix of both practical and theoretical sessions during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the course contents.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be awarded with an OPITO-approved Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM) certificate
Certification is valid for 2 years. Prior to expiry delegates must undertake the Further OERTM course to remain certified.
The OERTM course covers a variety of topics including:
• Offshore Emergency Response Team Member roles & responsibilities
• Communication hierarchies, processes, procedures and methods
• Hazard recognition and mitigation
• Incident planning and progress monitoring
• Operation of fixed fire systems
• Identification of different types of fire and the use of the correct equipment to extinguish the fire, including selection and use of portable and foam fire-fighting equipment
• Correct use of fire-fighting PPE including breathing apparatus
• Participation as a team member in a range of fire and non-fire related incidents
• Safe working practice in an incident area
• Casualty rescue
• Incident brief/debrief
Foinavon Close, Aberdeen Airport East, Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 7EG, United Kingdom
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found