Date / type
Date / type
A Valid HERTL Certificate OR a valid HLO / HERTL Further Certificate. A Valid Offshore Medical Certificate OR a valid operator approved Medical certificate.
The aim and objectives of the HERTL Further Training Programme is to refresh elements of HERTL training that cannot be completed in the workplace and updating HERTLs on key changes to helicopter operations, systems, relevant legislation and regulation over the previous 2 years (approx.)
The HERTL Further Training course is for existing helideck emergency response team leaders who are required to revalidate their OPITO HERTL certification by refreshing and updating their knowledge and skills in aspects of their role that they cannot practice in the workplace.
Delegates must be in possession of a valid OPITO-approved HERTL certificate
A valid HERTL Further Training certificate
A valid OPITO-approved Helideck Operations Initial Training certificate and a valid OPITO-approved HERTM certificate and a valid OERTL certificate.
Delegates must also hold a valid, current offshore medical or possess an operator approved medical certificate.
The learning outcomes of this course will be assessed through practical exercises.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be awarded with an OPITO-approved Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Further Training certificate.
Certification is valid for 2 years. Prior to expiry delegates must retake the HERTL Further Training course to remain certified.
The HERTL Further Training course covers a variety of topics including:
• Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader roles & responsibilities
• Helideck and emergency response pre-planning and the systems and controls in place
• NUI emergency response requirement
• Effective communication, delegation and monitoring of a helideck emergency situation
• Selection and use of fire-fighting equipment, including fixed fire systems and portable fire extinguishers
• Correct use of PPE by team members including breathing apparatus
• Search and rescue procedures
• Appropriate response to non-firefighting operations during helicopter incident
• Incident monitoring and dynamic risk assessments
• Ensuring the continued wellbeing of team members
Foinavon Close, Aberdeen Airport East, Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 7EG, United Kingdom
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found