Date / type
Date / type
Fit to Train Medical OR ENG1 Medical AND OGUK Medical
The objective of this course is to provide all delegates with an initial level of knowledge and understanding of the basic offshore safety and emergency response procedures currently in practice on offshore installations in the UK sector of the North Sea, and to provide delegates with a practical understanding of the use of escape chutes on offshore installations and vessels.
All personnel (new or returning) working or intending to work on offshore installations in the oil and gas industry where a compressed air emergency breathing system (CAEBS) is supplied during offshore helicopter travel and an escape chute system is in use as a means of alternative escape from offshore installations.
There are no training pre-requisites for this course, however, delegates must be aged 16 years or over and have a good grasp of the English language.
Delegates must hold a valid OGUK (or equivalent) medical AND possess a certificate of fitness to undertake shallow water CAEBS training issued by a registered OGUK doctor
A valid ENG 1 Seafarer Medical Fitness Certificate* (or equivalent)
*please note, that if the Medical Fitness Certificate includes a restriction or is subject to conditions, the delegate must possess a statement from an appropriate registered practitioner stating that this does not result from a respiratory or ENT condition and that it is safe for the delegate to participate in shallow water CAEBS training.
The course is a mix of both practical and theoretical sessions during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the course contents.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be awarded with an OPITO-approved BOSIET with CAEBS certificate. Delegates will also receive a RelyOn Nutec certificate for Escape Chute Training.
Certification is valid for 4 years. Prior to expiry delegates must undertake the FOET with CAEBS including Escape Chute Training course to remain certified.
The BOSIET with CAEBS including Escape Chute Training covers the following areas:
Basic safety induction:
• Identification of offshore hazards, the associated risks and current control measures in place
• Identification of offshore safety regulations and understanding of basic safety management concepts
• Basic helicopter travel procedures
• Practical procedures for helicopter emergencies, with a focus on escaping from a helicopter during ditching.
• Use of CAEBS in dry conditions and shallow water.
• Practical sea survival techniques
• Emergency first aid procedures including CPR
Firefighting and self-rescue:
• Practical use of handheld fire extinguishers and self-rescue techniques to aid escape from low visibility and smoke filled areas
• Theoretical knowledge and safe use of an escape chute.
Foinavon Close, Aberdeen Airport East, Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 7EG, United Kingdom
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found