Date / type
Date / type
The aim and objectives of the HLO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Training programme are:
1. HLOs to understand the importance of pre-planning for and the main elements of the response requirement for a range of helideck and helicopter emergencies.
2. HLOs to understand the importance of emergency response practice via onshore training and offshore drills.
3. HLOs to understand the requirement for different types of emergency response systems and controls.
4. Understand how the limited emergency response capability on an NUI can affect NUI helideck emergency response.
5. The roles and responsibilities of both the HLO and the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a helicopter-related emergency.
6. Understanding the human factors issues during emergencies and how to manage them.
7. Leading the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a range of typical helideck simulated emergency scenarios some of which involve live fires, in a safe and controlled manner.
This training is targeted at currently-appointed or candidate Helicopter Landing Officers (HLOs) that require OPITO certified emergency response leader training in helicopter emergencies as part of their overall competence requirement.
A valid Radio Operators Certificate of Competence (UKCS Operations only), a valid OPITO
Helideck Operations Initial Training (or OPITO HLO Initial Training or OPITO HDA Initial Training), a valid OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Member Certificate or a valid Further Helideck Emergency Response Team Member Certificate.
Delegates must also hold a valid, current offshore medical certificate or possess an operator approved medical certificate.
Please note the following grandfather rights: if you already hold valid HERTM Further, DGBA Awareness and CAA Radio training certificates then there is no requirement to complete the Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT)
ITEMS TO BRING: All delegates must bring Photographic I.D. and PASSPORT only (original or copy)
Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes specified in the OPITO Standard using direct observation and oral questions.
Once the delegate is deemed as competent against the required learning outcomes they will be awarded the OPITO approved HLO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Certificate, which is valid for two years
Delegates should report to reception for 08.00hrs, course starts at 08.15hrs, unless otherwise stated.
The HLO HERTL Training programme will consist of both theory and practical training within the following modules:
Helideck Emergency Response Preparedness
NUI HLO Emergency Response
Leading and Controlling Helideck Emergency Response
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found