Date / type
Date / type
Upon completion of the course, delegates should be able to prepare the lifeboat, organise embarkment, perform quartering, and release the boat, as well as manouver and perform operations on the water.
Coxswains within the offshore and maritime industries.
The course satisfies the demands for competency set by STCW Table A-VI/2-1. When the delegates complete the course and pass the exam, they can apply for a certificate of competency with the Norwegian Maritime Authority.
Approved according to STCW-78 with later amendments (Manila 2010).
STCW basic safety training for seafarers.
Written and practical exam.
During the course, the following topics are covered:
- Launch systems for ships and rigs
- Emergency communication and relevant equipment
- Equipment in the boat and life raft
- Lifesaving first aid
- Procedures/ Emergency commands
- Chain of command / cooperation
- Personal safety and equipment
- Practical exercise of relevant lifeboats
- Staying on-board
- Rescue people in the water
- Turn a capsized life raft around wearing a life jacket
Please select a service from below or click on website to continue.
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found