Date / type
32 hours - 4 days
Date / type
After completing the course the participants should be capable of:
- Prepare the lifeboat for evacuation
- Organize and lead boarding
- Lowering and releasing the lifeboat, manoeuvring and leading lifeboat operations at sea
- Take care of passengers and arrange for stays on Board after evacuation
- Maintain communication with the rescue unit
Coxswains in offshore and maritime activities.
The course meets the requirements of the Norwegian Oil Industry Association and STCW Table A-VI/2-1.
Once the course has been completed and the examination passed, the participants are qualified to receive a Coxswain's Certificate, issued by the Norwegian Ship Contol.
Offshore Basic Safety Training
STCW Basic Safety Training
Written and oral examination.
- Regulations/ lines of responsibility
- Ship and rig launching systems
- Emergency communication and relevant equipment
- Lifeboat and raft equipment
- Life-saving first aid
- Procedures/ alarm instructions
- Lines of command/ cooperation
- Personal protection and safety equipment
- Practical exercises in use of the relevant type of lifeboat
- Organising stay in lifeboat after evacuation
- Picking up people from the sea
Relevant first aid
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found