FRC - Fast Rescue Craft (small boat) incl. Search & Rescue at night - BasicDownload as PDF
Sorry we couldn’t find any results.
FRC - Fast Rescue Craft (small boat) incl. Search & Rescue at night - Basic
After completing the course the participants should be capable of:
- manning, launching and operating fast rescue crafts in a safe manner
- using relevant equipment
- carryng out search and rescue and administering first aid to injured personnel.
Crew on fixed/ mobile installations assigned duties on fast rescue craft in accordance with the guidelines of the Norwegian Oil and Gas Association (NOG)
Basic Safety and Emergency Response course.
Teoretical and practical tests.
During the course, the following topics are covered:
- Areas of use for the craft
- Regulations and guideline for FRC
- Crew's main tasks
- Checking of boat and equipment
- Co-operation and communication
- Launching and recovery of FRC
- Compass and calculate of sailing distance
- Search and search patterns - day and night excercise
- Communication training (VHF/UHF) with intregrated units
- Participation in rescue operations
- Use of equipment
- Picking up persons from the sea
Use of portable first-aid equipment
- Theoretical and practical first aid
- Use of surface swimming outfit
- Transfer techniques between vessels and installations