This course is designed to reduce the risk associated with lifting operations, by identifying their own and others' responsibilities for inspecting, assessing, selecting and controlling lifting operations to the legal requirements.
The course is designed for any operator who:
• Has not received previous formal training for over two years.
• Is required to sling different types of material.
• Is required to direct lifting operations.
• Has not slung for a long period of time.
• Has had an accident or is not operating to the standard required.
Prior knowledge of Deck/Site lifting operations required.
On completion of this course, a written assessment will be taken.
The course consists of practical and theoretical
training and knowledge of;
• Definitions & Responsibilities of banksman
• Legislation and Statutory requirement
• Types of Crane
• Safety Devices
• Methods of Communications
• Cargo Handling
• Pre-use inspection of lifting gears
• Sling angel or Angel of sling
• Types of Rigging Gears
• Lifting planning (Simple, Complicate and Complex)
• General Safety Advice
• 4-hour minimum practical training