Date / type
Date / type
The training objectives related to the initial/supplementary training will include:
- Awareness of the risks delegates are exposed to and how these are managed;
- An understanding of the essential safety rules to which they must comply and how to act in an emergency;
- An increase in their personal commitment to safety;
- Effective use of personal safety equipment;
- Practice and demonstrate correct method of boat transfers (simulated boat deck and installation).
This programme is designed to meet the initial onshore safety and emergency response training for new entrants and all personnel currently travelling and transferring by boat to an offshore oil and gas installation.
The full Travel Safely by Boat (TSbB) training standard consists of an initial, a further and a supplementary training.
- No prerequisites are required.
- Delegates who are in possession of a current BOSIET(with EBS), FOET(with EBS), HUET (with EBS), Tropical BOSIET, Tropical FOET, Tropical HUET, BOSIET (with CAEBS), HUET (with CA-EBS) or FOET (with CA-EBS) are not required to participate in practical life raft and in-water sea survival exercises.
- The supplementary training programme may be undertaken concurrently or consecutively with the Travel Safely by Boat Initial or Further Training programmes or at any time during the validity period of the current Travel Safely by Boat initial/further certificate.
Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes using direct observation and oral or written questioning.
1. Donning of an appropriate flotation device as used during boat transfers e.g. work-vest.
2. A method of transfer between a simulated boat deck and a simulated fixed installation deck using swing rope transfers with luggage transfers.
1. Actions in preparation of a boat emergency.
2. Actions in the event of an abandonment.
3. Survival techniques following an abandonment
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found