Date / type
Date / type
The combi refresher course Basic Training (BT) and Advanced Firefighting (AFF) has been developed in close cooperation with the Dutch shipping industry. Focusing on competences the training programme makes it possible to complete the refreshment course in 3 days.
To make the delegate competent according the learning outcomes of the following modules:
- Personal Survival Techniques as set out in Table A-VI/1-1
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting as set out in Table A-VI/1-2
- Elementary First Aid as set out in Table A-VI/1-3
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities as set out in Table A-VI/1-4
- Advanced Fire Fighting as set out in Table A-VI/3
The combination refresher training Basic Training (BT) and Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF) is to provide training for all seafarers in accordance with Section A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3 and A-VI/1-4 and for all seafarers who are assigned as being fire team commander to take charge in case of fire related calamities on board ships in accordance of Section A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
For admission to the course a delegate must be in the possession of a valid approved medical certificate
There are three options to prove the admission requirements;
1. the seafarer must have completed the initial training (BT and AFF) in accordance with BT Section A-VI/1, Table A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3, A-VI/1-4 and AFF Section A-VI/3 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended or;
2. the seafarer must have completed the refresher courses (BT and AFF) in accordance with BT Section A-VI/1, Table A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3, A-VI/1-4 and AFF Section A-VI/3 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended or;
3. the seafarer must be in the possession of a valid Certificate of Competence (CoC) in combination with a valid seamen's book as a prove of 1 year sea time over the last 5 years.
For receiving a certificate of refresher BT and refresher AFF the delegate must:
- Be not younger than 18 years of age.
- Meet the standard of competence for certificates of BT and AFF set out in Section A-VI/1, Table A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3, A-VI/1-4 and Section A-VI/3 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes specified in Section A-VI/1 Table A-VI/1-1, Table A-VI/1-2, Table A-VI/1-3, Table A-VI/1-4 and Section A-VI/3 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended and the Model Courses 1.13, 1.19, 1.20, 1.21 and 2.03 by using direct observation and oral and/or written questions as appropriate.
After successful completion of the combination Refresher Training BT-AFF the delegates will receive 2 separate certificates which will be valid for 5 years.
With the implementation of the Manila Amendments 2010 delegates must provide evidence of having maintained the competencies by successfully completing a refresher training every 5 years, as described in the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
- Theoretical assessment of BT and AFF
- First Aid of BT and AFF
- Personal Survival Techniques (BT)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (BT)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (BT)
- Using fire appliances (AFF)
- Commanding, organising, training of fire parties and control fire operations (AFF)
Beerweg 71, Harbour no: 7024 - 7026, Maasvlakte Rotterdam, 3199 LM, Netherlands
Opens in 9 hours and 18 minutesGo to location
Please select a service from below or click on website to continue.
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found