Date / type
4 days + 1 evening session
Date / type
The refresher BT, AFF and PSCRB focusses on competences of the delegates. This makes it possible to complete this refresher course in just 4 days.
To make the delegate competent according the learning outcomes of the following modules:
- Personal Survival Techniques as set out in Table A-VI/1-1
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting as set out in Table A-VI/1-2
- Elementary First Aid as set out in Table A-VI/1-3
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities as set out in Table A-VI/1-4
- PSCRB as set out in Table A-VI/2-1
- AFF as set out in Table A-VI/3
The combination refresher training Basic Training (BT), Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (PSCRB) and Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF) is to provide training for all seafarers in accordance with Section A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3 and A-VI/1-4, for all seafarers who are assigned as coxswain on board ships to launch and take charge of survival craft or rescue boat in accordance with Section A-VI/2-1, paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/2-1 and for all seafarers who are assigned as being fire team commander to take charge in case of fire related calamities on board ships in accordance of Section A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
For admission to the course a delegate must be in the possession of a valid approved medical certificate for seafarers.
There are two options to prove the admission requirements;
1. the seafarer must have completed the initial or refresher training (BT, PSCRB and AFF) in accordance with BT Section A-VI/1 Table A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3, A-VI/1-4, PSCRB Section A-VI/2 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/2-1 and AFF Section A-VI/3 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended or;
2. the seafarer must be in the possession of a valid Certificate of Competence (CoC) in combination with a valid seamen's book as a prove of 1 year sea time over the last 5 years.
For receiving a certificate of refresher BT, refresher PSCRB and refresher AFF the delegate must:
- Be not younger than 18 years of age.
- Meet the standard of competence for certificates of BT, PSCRB and AFF set out in Section A-VI/1, Table A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3 A-VI/1-4, Section A-VI/2 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/2-1 and Section A-VI/3 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes specified in Section A-VI/1 Table A-VI/1-1, Table A-VI/1-2, Table A-VI/1-3, Table A-VI/1-4, Section A-VI/2 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/2-1 and Section A-VI/3, Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended and the Model Courses 1.13, 1.19, 1.20, 1.21, 1.23 and 2.03 by using direct observation and oral and/or written questions as appropriate.
After successful completion of the combination Refresher Training BT-PSCRB-AFF the delegates will receive 3 separate certificates which will be valid for 5 years.
With the implementation of the Manila Amendments 2010 delegates must provide evidence of having maintained the competencies by successfully completing a refresher training every 5 years, as described in the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
- Theoretical assessment of BT, PSCRB and AFF
- First Aid of BT, PSCRB and AFF
- Personal Survival Techniques (BT)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (BT)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (BT)
- Survival Techniques (PSCRB)
- Launching, handling and recovery of Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (PSCRB)
- Using fire appliances (AFF)
- Commanding, organising, training of fire parties and control fire operations (AFF)
Beerweg 71, Harbour no: 7024 - 7026, Maasvlakte Rotterdam, 3199 LM, Netherlands
Opens in 14 hours and 57 minutesGo to location
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found