Date / type
2 days and 2 evenings.
Date / type
The Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats course complies to the guidelines of the STCW Code 1978, as amended. With this training RelyOnNutec provides seafarers with the skills and knowledge to perform their role as a coxswain of a Fast Rescue Boat in case of emergency situations at sea.
To make delegates competent to handle and take charge of a fast rescue boat during and after launch in adverse weather and sea conditions. They will also be able to operate a fast rescue boat engine.
Trainees will know the correct use of all locating devices, including communication and signalling equipment between the rescue boat and helicopter and ship and how to carry out search patterns.
The Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats (PFRB) is to provide training for all seafarers who are assigned as coxswain of a fast rescue boat, to launch and take charge of a fast rescue boat, in accordance with Section A-VI/2, Table A-VI/2-2 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
For admission to the course and receiving a PFRB certificate, seafarers must be in the possession of a valid medical certificate for seafarers.
There are two options to prove the admission requirements;
1. Must be in the possession of a valid Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (PSCRB) certificate in accordance with Section A-VI/2 paragraph 1 to 4, Table A-VI/2-1 of the of STCW Code 1978, as amended;
2. Must be in the possession of a valid PSCRB Refresher certificate in accordance with Section A-VI/2 paragraph 1 to 4, Table A-VI/2-1 of the of STCW Code 1978, as amended.
For receiving a certificate of PFRB the delegate must:
- Meet the standard of competence for certificates of proficiency in fast rescue boats, set out in Section A-VI/2 paragraphs 7 to 10, Table A-VI/2-2 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes specified in Section A-VI/2 paragraphs 7 to 10, Table A-VI/2-2 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended and the IMO Model Course 1.24 by using direct observation and oral and/or written questions as appropriate.
After successful completion of the training PFRB the certification will be valid for 5 years.
With the implementation of the Manila Amendments 2010 delegates must provide evidence of having competencies by successfully completing a refresher training every 5 years, as described in STCW Code 1978, as amended.
- Theoretical sessions PFRB
- Right a capsized FRB
- Launching and recovery of FRB
- Drills in handling FRB
Please select a service from below or click on website to continue.
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found