Date / type
Date / type
The AFF course helps to train and improve delegates' tactical firefighting skills. By doing so, the delegate remains or becomes a competent Emergency Response Leader in the shipping industry. In four days RelyOnNutec equips (future) Emergency Response Leaders with the tactical skills to control, prevent and investigate fires.
To make the delegate competent to take command, organize and train fire parties and control fire-fighting operations. The delegate will acquire knowledge of fire prevention and an ability to inspect and service fire detection and extinguishing systems and equipment. The delegate will also be able to investigate and report on incidents involving fires.
The Advanced Firefighting (AFF) is to provide the training for all seafarers who are assigned as being fire team incident commander to take charge in case of fire related calamities on board ships in accordance with Section A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
For admission to the course, seafarers must be in the possession of a valid medical examination, to include use of Breathing Apparatus (BA).
There are two options to prove the admission requirements;
1. The seafarer must have a valid Basic Training (BT) in accordance with Section A-VI/1, Table A-VI/-1, Table A-VI/1-2, Table A-VI/1-3 and Table A-VI/1-4 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended;
2. The seafarer must have a valid BT Refresher certificate in accordance with Section A-VI/1, Table A-VI/-1 and Table A-VI/1-2 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
For receiving a AFF certificate the delegate must:
- Be in the possession of a valid approved medical certificate for seafarers.
- Meet the standard of competence for certificates of AFF set out in Section A-VI/3 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes specified in Section VI/3 paragraphs 1 to 4, Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended and the IMO Model Course 2.03 by using direct observation and oral and/or written questions as appropriate.
After successful completion of the training AFF, the certification will be valid for 5 years.
With the implementation of the Manila Amendments 2010 delegates must provide evidence of having the competencies by successfully completing a refresher training every 5 years, as described in STCW Code 1978, as amended.
Theoretical sessions AFF:
- Fire prevention and Fire fighting
- Inspection and service
- Investigation and reporting
Scenario Based drills in:
- Command & Control fire and non-fire incident response
- Organising and training of fire parties
- Using fire fighting appliances
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found