Date / type
Upon successful completion of all training components, in accordance with the Training Standard, trainees will receive a Transport Canada Training Certificate.
Trainees absent from any component of the program will not be issued a certification until they have completed all requirements.
A person must be of at least 15 year of age to take the SDV-BS course.
ITEMS REQUIRED FOR TRAINING:
- When checking in for training, please have your GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO ID with you (ie: Passport or Drivers Licences, etc.)
- Shorts, T-Shirt, and Socks for pool exercises
- Towels, shower facilities on site
- Lock for locker
PLEASE NOTE: Certificates CANNOT be issued unless valid Government issued ID has been presented on Day 1 of training for all RONC courses, including OPITO approved training.
Course activities will involve various physical activities.
This course was developed to comply with subsection 205 (3) of the 2007 Marine Personnel Regulations and the applicability of the course depends upon the type of voyage and the voyage class.
Note: This course replaces the old MED A3 course.
The aims and objective of the course are to enable course participants to acquire knowledge, understanding and proficiency in:
1) a basic understanding of the hazards related to the marine environment and their own vessel, and of how to prevent shipboard incidents including fire;
2) the knowledge they need to raise and react to alarms and deal with emergencies;
3) an ability to provide assistance in fire and abandonment situations;
4) the knowledge and skills to help them in their own survival and rescue.
This course meets the requirements of Transport Canada TP Document 4957, Small Non-Pleasure Domestic Vessel Basic Safety (SDV-BS); and is approximately 8 hours of training completed in one day.
Opens in 2 hours and 6 minutesGo to location
Please select a service from below or click on website to continue.
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found