Date / type
Date / type
Those who successfully completed this course should achieve the required standard of competence enabling them to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness and the ability to recognize security threats and to respond appropriately.
This knowledge shall include (but is not limited) to:
- The meaning and the consequential requirements of the different security levels;
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices;
Recognition - on a non-discriminatory basis - of characteristics and behavioural patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures
The security awareness course is intended to provide knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP) to enhance ship security in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the ISPS Code and section A-VI/6 of the STCW Code as amended.
The delegate will be assessed against the standards in accordance with the regulations A-VI/6-1.
Upon successful completion a certificate will be issued.
- Maritime Security Policy
- Security Responsibilities
- Threat identification, recognition and response
Ship security actions
- Emergency preparedness, drills and exercise
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found