Date / type
Date / type
Receive appropriate approved Basic Training of instruction in:
- Personal Survival Techniques as set out in table A-VI/1-1
- Fire Prevention and Fire-Fighting as set out in table A-VI/1-2
- Elementary first Aid as set out in table A-VI/1-3
- Personal Safety And Social Responsibilities as set out in table A-VI/1-4
This training course is designed for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship on the business of that ship as part of the ship's complement with designated safety or pollution prevention duties in this operation of the ship.
For receiving a certificate of Basic Safety Training, the delegate must:
- Meet the standard of competence for certificates of Basic Safety Training set out in Section A-VI/1-1, Section A-VI/1-2, Section VI/1-3 and Section A-VI/1-4 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended.
Delegates will be assessed against the learning outcomes specified in section VI/1 of the STCW Code 1978, as amended and the IMO Model Courses 1.13, 1.19, 1.20 and 1.21 by using direct observation and oral and/or written questions as appropriate.
After succesful completion of the Basic Training, certification will be valid for 5 years.
With the implementation of the Manila Amendments 2010, delegates must provide evidence of having the competencies by completing refresher training every 5 years, as described in the STCW Code 1978, as amended section VI-1 Table A-VI/1.
- Personal Survival Techniques (Table A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (Table A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (Table A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (Table A-VI/1-4)
No results found
Search by country
Search by location
Oops! Something went wrong, certificate not found